FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread
Old Apr 28, 2005, 1:53 pm
FrequentMilesManiac

At least don't fly on Airbus A300 wide-body jet

Originally Posted by Owen
For what it's worth, I looked into this safety issue and it's real. These guys have had a problem in the past. More like several problems.

I just completed a round trip to Singapore and paid the extra $250 to 1) stay off this airline and 2) get on the finest airline in the world, Singapore Air.

MQMs matter less than other things.
Exactly my point.

This Airbus wide-body jet (esp. A300-330 model if I recall correctly) has really bad safety records around the world with many crashes. Make sure your dad doesn't fly on that type of aircraft, Motion 112. Have your dad fly Eva Air (now partners with Continental and CO is a partner of Delta) and the language won't be an issue. Why risk the most valuable things over miles?? Just redeem miles for other things like Lounge membership, fly on other partners' metals etc..

Originally Posted by racers
does anyone have experience with the Delta partner China Airlines? I am thinking of taking them to Taiwan and I was wondering what type of airline they are and what type of service they provide?
As a Taiwanese myself, I've only flied China Airlines on a trip to east coast codeshared with AA back in 98' I think. B747-400 is usually fine to cross the Pacific. Their service is fine. However, with their bad safety record history, stay away from them at all cost!

Last edited by FrequentMilesManiac; Apr 28, 2005 at 3:00 pm