FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM award availability
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:55 pm
tvl4free

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Go to nwa.com award availability.

From there try to book a usa-ams and then ams-jnb, for example. Be sure to select klm as your carrier of choice from the drop down menu. In the highly unlikely event that you should find something at standard levels 'all around,' call the very polite, friendly, and courteous folks at SLEAZY PASS to 'place ur order.' They will e-mail klm (so they say) and u can call them back in 24 to 48 hours. Then, when you call back, a very courteous young lady will likely tell you that (despite all your work) the flights are not available. 'Is there anything ELSE that I can do for you today?,' the nice young lady will respond in a very pronounced, but exotic Spanish accent. 'Anything ELSE at all.' 'Well, thank's for calling SP then, senor,' is the perfectly polite response that typically ends the call.

(This back door nwa availability approach is really about the only way to get an idea of potential availability... at least in this way, you're not totally blind in dealing w SLEAZY PASS klm submissions).

Wanna select new dates and spin the wheel again? The very sweet, nice, and courteous young lady will take ur order again - right then and there, if you want! Oh and then in 24 to 48, and you can play again. And again and again and again. And you can use their 1-800-number 4free, too. And a 4free phone number is a good thing, doncha think, especially when ya can't fly klm 4free... even if you have 600+K miles in your account?

But FWIW, my bet is on the house. The odds, reported here in this Forum, are that you are gonna loose at this game if klm is involved!

So are we understanding the SLEAZY PASS klm booking proceedure better now...? Good, I hope so, cos it's best that it's perfectly clear.

FWIW, I have used the nwa.com booking site time and time and time and time and time and time again. Mebbe for 3 years or so now. And I have NEVER been able to find a combo of 4 outbound and return segs in BC on dates that worked for me. Ever. Never. Get my drift? Not to JNB. Not to BKK. Not to SEL, TPE or HKG either. And there never seems to be anything in J to CAI or ATH.

J availability seems to improve if you check it for last minute seats - like within 7-10 days of departure. But if the return goes more than 'the 10 day out' stretch I just mentioned, availability nose dives back to normal SLEAZY PASS inventory (D0) .

But don't feel discouraged, because on vary rare occassions, someone here does report a BC booking success. I personally have no interest in flying half way around the world in Y via AMS. So mebbe if you're hunting Y, YMMV.

Have you seen the new award levels that SLEAZY PASS is now asking for USA-EURO? 100K in Y. 160K in J. Oh, and no advance warning was given about the increases - that I am aware of, anyway. At least I didn't receive anything. LOL!

NOW that's just CLASSIC SLEAZE - errr SLEAZY PASS 4ya!

I seem to rember soooo many other SLEAZY 'no warnings' too. Hilton comes to mind first...

And then there was...

Last edited by tvl4free; Apr 20, 2005 at 8:30 pm