FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official Flying Blue Information Thread
Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:25 pm
flyaircanada

Programs: LH M&M FTL
I am just laughing. A lot of questions.........Maybe I should say now that it was a mistake and that I work for another company....

...LOL....

Ok, lets start with the beginning.

The first question about the status. It has been discussed before in the flying blue post, but for the lazy ones, I give you again the different levels :

LEVELS

Silver with 25% Bonus
Gold with 50% Bonus
Platinum with 100% Bonus

If you qualify for Platinum for 10 consecutive Years, you will stay lifetime Platinum

If your adress is in France (the adress where we send the news)
than :

Silver : 30 000 miles a year or 15 INTERNATIONAL flights Skyteam Flights.
Gold : 60 000 miles or 30 INTERNATIONAL flights.
Platinum : 90 000 Miles or 60 INTERNATIONAL flights.

If you reach 150 000 qualifying miles or 105 international flights a year, the following miles will be added to the "next" qualifying year. (i.e. if you make 180000 miles a year, you will already have 30 000 qualifying miles for the next year)

For those of you living abroad or with an adress in another country :

Silver : 25 000 miles a year or 15 Skyteam flights
Gold : 40 000 miles or 30 flights
Platinum : 70 000 miles or 60 flights

If you reach 115 000 qualifying miles or 105 flights a year, the following miles will be added to the "next" qualifying year.

Qualifying Flights

and the big news : Qualifying miles on all Skyteam, Air Calin and KENYA AIRWAYS flights.

Upgrade

Upgrade is restricted to Y or M class if you buy your ticket in France
Upgrade is restricted to Y/M/B/K if you buy your ticket abroad

Some small and minor changes in the milestable for Middle East (not worth an explanation )

750 miles instead of 1000 miles on short international flights (less than 1000 miles distance)

Beaubo, I have no news till now about the plans with MH. Lets wait and see.

So I hope it helps, I am not paid for my extra time down here