Search

The Official Flying Blue Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2005, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M FTL
I should keep the secret....

Hello Friends,

I work for Fréquence Plus in Paris. Therefore, I should be able to answer questions regarding the program.

I thought of keeping the secret, but I think its better to let you know as I really want to help and inform you.

So please, don't ask 50000 questions about Air France in general.
Keep in mind that I work for F+ and NOT for Air France (so I dont always really know which plane has the new Biz seat etc etc.......)
But I try my best (as long as I have enough time to check the website....after WORK) to help you cross the F+ jungle safely..... .

Regards

Flyaircanada.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:12 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Originally Posted by flyaircanada
Hello Friends,

I work for Fréquence Plus in Paris. Therefore, I should be able to answer questions regarding the program.

I thought of keeping the secret, but I think its better to let you know as I really want to help and inform you.

So please, don't ask 50000 questions about Air France in general.
Keep in mind that I work for F+ and NOT for Air France (so I dont always really know which plane has the new Biz seat etc etc.......)
But I try my best (as long as I have enough time to check the website....after WORK) to help you cross the F+ jungle safely..... .

Regards

Flyaircanada.

First, I'd like to cautiously thank you for your offer. There has been some discussion as to whether or not KLM or AF read this board. I hope that you will exercise discretion and not post anything that could cause you harm at your place of employment.

That said....

The big question du jour is Gold status. What is it? Who gets it? Elite or Elite Plus and in what countries?
Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:25 pm

and the other big question about the new program: Will upgrade awards be restricted to specific classes? Or will it be possible to upgrade from discounted fare classes?

THANKS!
Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:04 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
The 'other' big question is......

* Will the intercontinental J class bonus really end up only being 50%, or is F+/FD=FB just waiting to see if FTers can effectively organize and lobby for the 100% bonus!!??

The 'other' big question is.......

* Will FB/ST actively recruit MH as a full-fledged partner to cover SE Asia??

The 'other' big question is.......

Why couldn't there have been a more collaborative process about the merger between management and educated and concerned customers like FTers BEFORE FB was finalized?

The 'other' big question is........

Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:13 pm

Since your handle is 'FlyAirCanada' then you are likely familiar with Aeroplan.

Aeroplan REALLY provides a number of compelling reasons to be strive for their top-tier status (Super Elite), that maybe FB should consider:

* 100K status miles; keeps the number of top-tier members manageable, so that Aeroplan can consistently deliver on the benefits it promises.

* Upgradeability on a broad range of fares via certs that are ONLY redeemable for the Super Elite member and companion on same flights or other Super Elite members. Limited transferability maximizes deliverability of upgrades to Super Elites

* No capacity control award seats on Air Canada metal for normal mileage redemption levels in both Y and J classes. Inventory comes out of revenue bucket, so only way that a Super Elite can't get an award seat is if flight is actually soldout (no access to J seats if Y is oversold ;()
Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

I am just laughing. A lot of questions.........Maybe I should say now that it was a mistake and that I work for another company....

...LOL....

Ok, lets start with the beginning.

The first question about the status. It has been discussed before in the flying blue post, but for the lazy ones, I give you again the different levels :

LEVELS

Silver with 25% Bonus
Gold with 50% Bonus
Platinum with 100% Bonus

If you qualify for Platinum for 10 consecutive Years, you will stay lifetime Platinum

If your adress is in France (the adress where we send the news)
than :

Silver : 30 000 miles a year or 15 INTERNATIONAL flights Skyteam Flights.
Gold : 60 000 miles or 30 INTERNATIONAL flights.
Platinum : 90 000 Miles or 60 INTERNATIONAL flights.

If you reach 150 000 qualifying miles or 105 international flights a year, the following miles will be added to the "next" qualifying year. (i.e. if you make 180000 miles a year, you will already have 30 000 qualifying miles for the next year)

For those of you living abroad or with an adress in another country :

Silver : 25 000 miles a year or 15 Skyteam flights
Gold : 40 000 miles or 30 flights
Platinum : 70 000 miles or 60 flights

If you reach 115 000 qualifying miles or 105 flights a year, the following miles will be added to the "next" qualifying year.

Qualifying Flights

and the big news : Qualifying miles on all Skyteam, Air Calin and KENYA AIRWAYS flights.

Upgrade

Upgrade is restricted to Y or M class if you buy your ticket in France
Upgrade is restricted to Y/M/B/K if you buy your ticket abroad

Some small and minor changes in the milestable for Middle East (not worth an explanation )

750 miles instead of 1000 miles on short international flights (less than 1000 miles distance)

Beaubo, I have no news till now about the plans with MH. Lets wait and see.

So I hope it helps, I am not paid for my extra time down here
Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:44 pm

Upgrade

Upgrade is restricted to Y or M class if you buy your ticket in France
Upgrade is restricted to Y/M/B/K if you buy your ticket abroad

Beaubo, I have no news till now about the plans with MH. Lets wait and see.
Hi FAC (FlyAirCanada)-

If I understand the upgrade policy you've described, what incentive would any FB member have to book a ticket with an INTRA-FRANCE travel agency, AF airline office or online booking website with a '.fr'????

Anyhow, opening up the upgradeable fares to include M,B,K is definitely welcome news.

Last edited by beaubo; Apr 19, 2005 at 1:48 pm
Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:56 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
The first question about the status. It has been discussed before in the flying blue post, but for the lazy ones, I give you again the different levels :

Can you address whether or not Gold is SkyTeam Elite Plus or just Elite in all countries or just in Europe. This is a new "hypothèse" that has been going around the past few days.

Last edited by dctorres; Apr 19, 2005 at 2:36 pm
Old Apr 19, 2005, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

I don't have all the info here at home. So let me check at work tomorrow whats written about the Elite Plus or Elite status depending on country.

Last edited by flyaircanada; Apr 19, 2005 at 2:47 pm
Old Apr 19, 2005, 2:18 pm
In Memoriam

Hey, why are you so agressive ? I was just making a little bit fun. As soon as someone tells that he works for a FF programm, he earns some Kalashnikov bullets ????? It's always good for readers to have a synopsis about the changes.

I am not willing to loose my time in this forum to have such answers !!!!

Anyway,

I don't have all the info here at home. So let me check at work tomorrow whats written about the Elite Plus or Elite status depending on country.

Have my apologies for being agresssive; I don't particularly take kind to being called "lazy" when it was due to a misunderstanding of my initial post.

We do appreciate your answers here, however, please keep in mind that many of us don't find the new program very funny and the very bad PR from AF/KLM during this merger has left many of us on both sides of the aisle (F+ and FD members) really unimpressed.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club

LEVELS

Silver with 25% Bonus
Gold with 50% Bonus
Platinum with 100% Bonus

I confess, I am a bit lost:

Everything we have read here, including the PDF files of the FB kits sent out, states that Golds receive a 75% bonus.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Ups, maybe I am a little bit tired. Promise, I check tomorrow !!!
Old Apr 19, 2005, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Ups, maybe I am a little bit tired. Promise, I check tomorrow !!!
No problem, thanks for your input. And welcome.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 5:26 am

Programs: Fréquence Plus Rouge
Official Flying Blue info finally posted

Finally answers we've all been waiting for.

Silver = 50% bonus + 5kg extra luggage at check in

Gold = 75% bonus + Skyteam lounge access and 1 guest* + 10kg extra luggage

*Gold Members residing in the US/Mexico have access to AF/KL lounges only

Platinum = 100 % bonus + Skyteam lounge access and 1 guest + 20kg extra luggage

Levels for French residents - Silver: 30,000 / Gold: 60,000 / Plat: 90,000
Levels for non-French residents - Silver: 25,000 / Gold: 40,000 / Plat: 70,000

Minimum mileage gains
500 miles for short-haul/domestic flights*
750 miles for medium-haul andinternational flights*

(except for certain fare codes which do not earn mileage)

http://www.airfrance.com/double6/file/Y1/file_Y1.nsf/(Lookup)/fr-AFKLMFlyingB/$file/FlyingB.pdf

Last edited by ckavenir; Apr 20, 2005 at 5:35 am
Old Apr 20, 2005, 5:41 am

Amex

I have a question concerning Amex, the french AF/Amex gives qualiflying miles but not the dutch KLM/Amex. Will the new dutch Flying Blue/Amex give qualiflying miles??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.