FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Airways $2 fare in Mileage Run forum
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2005, 11:12 pm
JAXPax

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
What is the disposition on these tickets? US will honor all issued? Those people who booked on aa.com got screwed?

What about JaxPax and SeeYa - anyone heard from those two yet? They are jetting away one these fares today.

I'm back and it was a success!
I checked in online yesterday after buying the ticket.. I flew JAX-DCA-PIT-ART-PIT-CLT-JAX, leaving Jacksonville at 7:30am and just arrived back at midnight. I met up with SeeYa in Pittsburgh.

No issues on the ticket for either of us. Kiosk worked fine. We had a chat with the US Airways Watertown manager/ramp agent/ticket agent/gate agent employee (singular employee, though there appeared to be a trainee or something helping him) who said he got a call yesterday when this was all happening and they zeroed out all ART inventory while they fixed it. Apparently folks at US got fired who screwed this one up. Appears that they will be honoring tickets, according to him.

I might add:
Very hospitable people there at the Watertown Airport.
However, it's in the middle of nowhere. Car rental desk is there, but closed for a month according to the police officer who sits in the terminal and does nothing all day. The US folks gave us a folder of take-out menus and we had Chinese food delivered.... told us it would take 40 minutes, but it was there in about 20. The only other "concessions" are about three vending machines. There's a picnic table outside and some wooden benches. Other seats in the terminal are hard plastic bus-station-like benches.

A couple of photos of the facility:
The Mighty Beechcraft 1900D
First sight at arrival: The terminal from the ramp
The Terminal from the parking lot
Other buildings at the Watertown Airport
The picnic table
US Airways Express Counter at Watertown