Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways $2 fare in Mileage Run forum

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2005, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
US Airways $2 fare in Mileage Run forum

There's a thread in Mileage Run active right now with a very advantageous fare for travel to/from LEB (Lebanon, NH) and/or AVL (Asheville, NC)...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422421
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
When will we know if US plans on honoring these? I really could use the miles!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
When will we know if US plans on honoring these? I really could use the miles!
As long as the ticket is issued I doubt that there is much that US can do than going than going in to chapter 7 if they don't want to honor these. I guess that somebody mistakenly uploaded a wrong published fare.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
I just booked SFO - PIT- ART - PIT - SFO for $31!!!!!!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I think US Airways must be opening a new hub in Watertown, New York, all with Beech 1900s

I just booked a same-day turn on May 9 from BWI-PIT-ART-PIT-BWI for $31.90 all in. Gas and parking for me to get to BWI will cost more than the plane ride!

I'm trying to find availability from BWI to SAN, with a connection at ART (two separate tickets) for another date, as a separate trip. Only $60 from BWI to the West Coast as the $2 fares are offered from ART to many, many destinations.

You've got to be crazy to make a connection at ART, but for $60 and extra miles I'll call myself crazy!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 1:25 pm

back-to-back ticketing

Originally Posted by wahooflyer
I think US Airways must be opening a new hub in Watertown, New York, all with Beech 1900s

I just booked a same-day turn on May 9 from BWI-PIT-ART-PIT-BWI for $31.90 all in. Gas and parking for me to get to BWI will cost more than the plane ride!

I'm trying to find availability from BWI to SAN, with a connection at ART (two separate tickets) for another date, as a separate trip. Only $60 from BWI to the West Coast as the $2 fares are offered from ART to many, many destinations.

You've got to be crazy to make a connection at ART, but for $60 and extra miles I'll call myself crazy!
what's US rules on back-to-back ticketing? Can I use this fare to actually take a week-long trip from say Orlando to Chicacgo with a connection in ART on two separate tickets?
Old Apr 16, 2005, 1:29 pm

That's not back-to-back ticketing. What I'm doing is "end-on-end," which is perfectly fine according to the airline's fare rules.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 1:34 pm

Thank goodness for the 24-hour rule, as I just found RIC-ART for the same dates.

A cheap fare out of RIC that's not an AirTran market? Wow!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 1:41 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
My flight to Watertown tomorrow afternoon looks to be completely full.... anybody else on it?
Old Apr 16, 2005, 1:47 pm

I hope all the flights to ART in the next few weeks are completely full or oversold. If I could get a $200 bump voucher or even an RTFC off a $2 fare, I'd be in frequent flyer heaven....that is, if we don't send US Airways into Chapter 7 by booking all these cheap tickets!

B1900s are quite weight restricted so it's very likely that your flight tomorrow will be needing volunteers.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 2:01 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.

B1900s are quite weight restricted so it's very likely that your flight tomorrow will be needing volunteers.
Be sure to check a couple of heavy bags!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 2:11 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
I hope all the flights to ART in the next few weeks are completely full or oversold. If I could get a $200 bump voucher or even an RTFC off a $2 fare, I'd be in frequent flyer heaven....that is, if we don't send US Airways into Chapter 7 by booking all these cheap tickets!

Get a few of us big guys on those and the bumps are going to happen!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by jimcfsus
Get a few of us big guys on those and the bumps are going to happen!
Sorry, but I'm at market and can not help you out.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
US reportedly not honoring sale fares from this morning

Folks are reporting in the MR forum that they're getting calls saying US is not honoring the fares.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 2:59 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Folks are reporting in the MR forum that they're getting calls saying US is not honoring the fares.
No, one person who booked through AA.com and then tried to change their ticket got a call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.