FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport {US-FL}
Old Apr 5, 2005, 7:34 am
Travel The World

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Orlando Airport Garden Inn - report

I had the pleasure of attending a conference at Orlando Airport recently, travelling from the UK with a flight full of kids off to see Mickey!! ... Let me just say that kids cannot sit still or stay quiet for 9 hours.

Anyway the hotel, short ride from the airport, amongst a lot of similar hotels (Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, etc.) and with plenty of choice for restaurants (Denny's, Hooters, etc.) ... so a good location.

The hotel was typical of it's type, busy (in fact full while I was there), but clean and tidy. A breakfast area, that only opened for breakfast; probably due to the choice of restaurants in the locale. A small gym, that I used; and a small pool, that I didn't use.

As a Diamond I was pleased to get upgraded to a suite ... from the site map on the back of the door it looked like the only suite on the floor. However, the bedroom was directly behind the lifts (elevators) and the walls had the sound-proofing of paper!! ... although given the 6 hour time difference and the fact that I'd spent the two days in a conference, I could have slept on the runway !!

I heard some people at breakfast saying that the coach load of kids that were staying there had been particularly noisy, although as I said I didn't hear a thing !!

All-in-all, a nice hotel. If I stayed there again, though, I'd ask not to be upgraded to the suite !!