Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport {US-FL}

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport {US-FL}

Old Apr 3, 03, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport {US-FL}

I am checking in today for 3 nights. Any comments from others who have stayed here? I did a search and found nothing. Does the hotel have a gym or offer free breakfast to Golds? Thanks for any advice!

Aussiemate
Old Mar 3, 04, 12:22 pm

HGI @ Orlando Airport

STAY AWAY!

The shuttle they sent said Hampton Inn.
No mention of HGI whatsoever. It took
55 mins and three trips to sort out that
bit of nonsense. The front-desk clerk
couldn't grasp the significance of this
little stunt. Grrr.

Shuttle dropped me off on the street/curb
without pulling onto the property, or under
the portico. It was raining. Grrr.

In-room e-checkout didn't work.

The front desk clerk couldn't figure out
how-to do a check-out, but promised to mail
the folio. It hasn't arrived.

Today I asked'm to fax me a copy of the
folio. Unable. The accouting person is
out and doesn't return until next week
sometime.

I asked to leave a message for the general
manager. Operator said their voice mail
system doesn't work. I asked her to take
a message. She fussed that he really does
not like to respond to messages.

Nice location. Nice facility. Clean rooms.
LOUSY operation.

-doug
Old Mar 4, 04, 8:39 pm

This is totally different from what I had. I had a very nice stay, no problems with the check-out and the staff was very nice.

Maybe it was the new person at the desk? I know this can happen because it has with me. I think the other items were because they didn't want the General Manager to know what was going on. Write to Hilton, call the Customer service line and call him back again. I think they will make it up to you.

One bad stay doesn't mean it's a bad hotel, just a bad experiance.
Old Apr 5, 05, 7:34 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Orlando Airport Garden Inn - report

I had the pleasure of attending a conference at Orlando Airport recently, travelling from the UK with a flight full of kids off to see Mickey!! ... Let me just say that kids cannot sit still or stay quiet for 9 hours.

Anyway the hotel, short ride from the airport, amongst a lot of similar hotels (Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, etc.) and with plenty of choice for restaurants (Denny's, Hooters, etc.) ... so a good location.

The hotel was typical of it's type, busy (in fact full while I was there), but clean and tidy. A breakfast area, that only opened for breakfast; probably due to the choice of restaurants in the locale. A small gym, that I used; and a small pool, that I didn't use.

As a Diamond I was pleased to get upgraded to a suite ... from the site map on the back of the door it looked like the only suite on the floor. However, the bedroom was directly behind the lifts (elevators) and the walls had the sound-proofing of paper!! ... although given the 6 hour time difference and the fact that I'd spent the two days in a conference, I could have slept on the runway !!

I heard some people at breakfast saying that the coach load of kids that were staying there had been particularly noisy, although as I said I didn't hear a thing !!

All-in-all, a nice hotel. If I stayed there again, though, I'd ask not to be upgraded to the suite !!
Old Apr 5, 05, 10:11 am
Suspended

Location: Desert city where Venice, Paris and NY are within walking distance
Programs: Delta and Hilton make a lot of $$ off me
I made a 3 night reservation at the Airport HGI and left after the 1st night. A/C was sub-par (this was in July!!). The room was dirty and although I was in a supposed no-smoking room, it stank like smoke. I checked in at 11:30pm and was dead tired so I stayed 1 night, but got the hell out of there early next morning.
Old Apr 5, 05, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks for the trip report.

I have a reservation there for 1 night on the 18th June ( arriving from LGW at 1530 on VS and leaving the next morning on AA F to LAS at 11ish ( so need to be at the airport at about 9ish)

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 5, 05, 12:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, NWA
Stayed there a few days ago on the last night after a trip to Disney. Very nice place, clean room, no complaints. The location is great as noted, other restaurants within walking distance were Bennigans and Tony Roma's. I took the rental car back to Thrifty that night and walked back to the hotel (used hotel airport shuttle next morning). Saved a day on the car rental charge vs. returning it the next morning and using the Thrifty Shuttle

PS - the Orlando Thrifty rental experience was great - very quick both checking in, and and returning the car.
Old Jul 4, 05, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I stayed there for one night on 18th June. I used the courtesy phone at bag reclaim at MCO to be picked up. The van was at the airport witihn 10mins.
Cherck in was quick and was given 315 ( which turned out to be a suite behind the elevators). I was worried about the noise at first but did not here anything. There is also the ice vending and guest laundry across the corridor.
The fitness center was fine and although the pool is smallish I have been in smaller pools ( HGI Arlington/Rosslyn and SFO south)

I walked around the lake to the marriott for dinner ( at the orchid cafe) - a 5min walk). Dinner was good with quick service , reasonable prices and a good view of the pool area. The Sheraton suites is also around the lake.

The breakfast buffet at $5.95 for continental is good value ($2 extra for the hot breakfast).

You have to sign up for the morning airport coaches ( every 40 mins) and it took around 20 mins ( picking up at the two other hotel stops )to get to the American Airlines check in points at MCO.

Overall a good Hilton choice for a MCO stay.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 26, 17, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - February 24 - 26:

Location: The hotel is located just east of Semoran Blvd. along with most other MCO Airport Hotels that are north of the airport. It actually shares a parking lot with a Hooters but if you don't like wings there are numerous other chain restaurants around the hotel you can eat at. The hotel itself is about as close to MCO as you can get, only 2.5 miles away from the rental car pick up area.

Hotel: It's definitely a HGI from the 2000s but nothing about the hotel is bad. There's a nice sized fire pit area off the lobby, a decent sized outdoor pool, a restaurant and bar area and a comfortable sitting area in the lobby. There's also a small business center. There were no long waits for the elevator which I appreciate. I will say that there isn't enough parking. There's a small lot in front of the hotel near the front entrance but it filled up quickly so I had to park in back. When you're arriving with bags this is annoying.

Check In: I didn't arrive until midnight so I very much appreciated the agent going through my check in as quickly as possibly while still offering me bottled water and being friendly and acknowledging my status.

Room: Standard two double bed room. There was also an arm chair, a desk, a small TV, outlets near the bed, a normal sized bathroom and closet. Wifi worked well as did the shower, no complaints about the room.

Breakfast: Standard fare but the staff working got overwhelmed very easily. My second day despite the breakfast area being about 40% full I decided to forgo anything cooked to order as the wait staff was ignoring me. The food I did have was good though.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: