FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 29, 2005, 4:37 pm
kawoh

hyatt london churchill

stayed there a couple of days ago.

was upgraded to the 9th floor, all rooms facing the street are suites, with the rooms facing the back of the building are usual rooms. I got a ususal room, facing the queens suite or something (it looked onto the balcony of that suite) with a slight view.

hotel is pretty nice and great value on a FFN (which I was on). Toiletries were nice, room was tight but OK. Queen size (or king?) bed, workdesk, as a diamond I received a bottle of 03 french red wine, and a bowl with 2 bannanas, red grapes, green grapes, an apple, and a plum, a plate, napkin and knife. Was nice.

Bathroom was nothing flash, but had marble. 2 new pairs of slippers and robes in the wardrobe. Internet is 15 pounds per 24 hour period (not 12-12, but any 24 hours). Gym is nice, renovated with a large plasma screen about 42", 3 joggers, a bike, stepper, weights up to 10kg each, weight machines. There are free bannanas and apples and chilled water.

Hotel location is as stated about 1 1/2 blocks away from Oxford St, closest station is Marble Arch which is a 5min walk.

Would suggest if you want internet, to sign up for a tmobile wireless in the US, ie - any united lounge you can set it up before you leave for US$39.99 for 1 month (not a contract, recurring), and you can roam free at any BT Openzone. The mcdonalds just next to Marble Arch station has wireless internet and plenty of space with a bt openzone - so you can use it there if you've subscribed - was great, excellent coverage. you can also use it at most starbucks around london and various other places (ie most hilton lobbies also have access).

It's close to the shops of oxford st (if you like the crowds and shopping). It is about a 15 min underground ride to Piccadily. Isn't great for theatre in terms of location but it isn't far. It's in a nice relaxing location away from the hustle of oxford st. if you get a good rate compared to others, definitely worth a stay here, esp if diamond.

If you prefer piccadily/trafalger square - I would suggest, whilst it's not a hyatt, the Le Meridien Piccadily - it's a solid 4 - 4.5* property literraly around the corner from piccadilly circus. It has huge roman pillars outside the entrance, and Le Meridien Moments has their own "faster free nights". http://www.lemeridien.com/visa - pay with visa and for 2 stays, you'll get 1 free weekend night (basically 1,000 moments points). You'll earn about 1,150 moments points for 2 paid stays there. A weekend at the Le Meridien Piccadily is 1,600, a weekday is 1,800 on redmeption. But the Le Meridien gatwick is only 800 on a weekend (fri/sat/sun) and 1000 on a weekday. But for 2 stays there, you could redeem at either the le meridien chicago, LA or Miami for 1,200 on a weekend - which would be enough or 1000 for the le meridien toronto or only 600 at the le meridien singapore - which is basically 1 stay at the le meridien piccadily = 1 free night at the le meridien singapore on orchard rd, free.

the lounge is nice, cold cuts, pastries (muffins, croissants, etc), yoghurts (nice french ones), bircher muesli, ham, turkey, smoked fish, pepperoni, devon, heaps of fresh fruits cut - passionfruit, kiwi, cantalope, oranges, etc. choice of drinks, cerals, toast.

Evening - unfortunately I missed, but they serve also then. Didn't check during the day. Lobby is nice and the bell boy/door men are great, never had to open the door when i entered once - and I dress casual / unswish

Enjoy the hotel, it's great. Even better on a FFN. Bring back FFN in April!! I have 7 nights I'm holding off on booking !

Last edited by kawoh; Mar 29, 2005 at 4:43 pm