FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: St Regis Butler Service : what do they do? how much do you tip?
Old Mar 27, 2005, 4:28 pm
EquityMind

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Starwood SPG Platinum, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
The above posts works for us. They get a good tip and if they keep up the service it continues. It usually works. Going to the St. Regis Grand Rome?
Ah No, I wish, St. Regis Grand Rome has been one of my favorite hotels. I'm at The St. Regis NY (which reminds me a lot of the Rome property) and was given a great upgrade to a Madison Suite complete w/butler which I have only had once before at the Park Tower in London so I havent had enough experience with the butler staff to know the right protocol. The thing is, I've had three separate butlers come in and introduce themselves, and some have been there more than others so wasn't sure what to do. The concierge indicated that there was a 'butler drop box' located near the front desk so this may have worked itself out for me and I left an envelope for my favorite butler while I tipped the others out of pocket as they dropped items off (cookies, coffee, newspapers etc.).

Thanks for the replies.