FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paul Brotto retiring from AC
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2005, 1:11 pm
airbus320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Paul Brotto retiring from AC

From today's Daily:

After 33 years of loyal service to Air Canada, Paul Brotto, Executive Vice President, Planning & Cost Management, will retire on April 1. “On behalf of the Air Canada family, I salute Paul and thank him for his tremendous contribution throughout his career with Air Canada,” said Robert Milton. “He played a key role at many levels throughout his career but Paul’s most enduring legacy at Air Canada will be his contribution in Finance and particularly to our cost reduction efforts during restructuring. I commend Paul for having developed a team that is well capable to continue with our ongoing cost reduction efforts following his departure. His experience, analytical mind and quick wit will be missed and I wish him the best in his future endeavours in retirement,” said Robert.

“After 33 years, I've decided that the timing is now right for me to leave,” said Paul. “We've achieved a high point in the history of Air Canada. We're winning customers over in record numbers with our service and our product, and following the extreme makeover we undertook during restructuring, we're in a better position to succeed than any other major North American airline… it’s been a privilege to work with so many talented people. I'm proud to have been part of this great company and while it's time to say good bye, you can be sure I'll be watching closely from the sidelines as a shareholder and retiree.”

Paul has held 15 increasingly more responsible positions since he joined Air Canada in 1972. In February 2000, one year prior to his latest appointment as Executive Vice President, Planning & Cost Management, Paul was appointed President and CEO, Canadian Airlines where he played a key role in the financial and operational restructuring of the company.