Search

Paul Brotto retiring from AC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2005, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Paul Brotto retiring from AC

From today's Daily:

After 33 years of loyal service to Air Canada, Paul Brotto, Executive Vice President, Planning & Cost Management, will retire on April 1. “On behalf of the Air Canada family, I salute Paul and thank him for his tremendous contribution throughout his career with Air Canada,” said Robert Milton. “He played a key role at many levels throughout his career but Paul’s most enduring legacy at Air Canada will be his contribution in Finance and particularly to our cost reduction efforts during restructuring. I commend Paul for having developed a team that is well capable to continue with our ongoing cost reduction efforts following his departure. His experience, analytical mind and quick wit will be missed and I wish him the best in his future endeavours in retirement,” said Robert.

“After 33 years, I've decided that the timing is now right for me to leave,” said Paul. “We've achieved a high point in the history of Air Canada. We're winning customers over in record numbers with our service and our product, and following the extreme makeover we undertook during restructuring, we're in a better position to succeed than any other major North American airline… it’s been a privilege to work with so many talented people. I'm proud to have been part of this great company and while it's time to say good bye, you can be sure I'll be watching closely from the sidelines as a shareholder and retiree.”

Paul has held 15 increasingly more responsible positions since he joined Air Canada in 1972. In February 2000, one year prior to his latest appointment as Executive Vice President, Planning & Cost Management, Paul was appointed President and CEO, Canadian Airlines where he played a key role in the financial and operational restructuring of the company.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who knows, hopefully they'll start getting drinkable wines now?
Old Mar 21, 2005, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stranger
Who knows, hopefully they'll start getting drinkable wines now?
Old Mar 21, 2005, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC nothing,HH Silver,PC Gold, BW Plat
Hopefully AC's last profit will stay a profit with this guy gone.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Luubert

Why should I care? Wine matters more to me.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 4:24 pm
exAC

Originally Posted by Luubert
'This Guy' is one of the prime reasons that Air Canada was going to make any profit. He will be sorely missed.

...and for those of you who think you know wines, Paul Brotto knows more about wine than anyone on this board.

Old Mar 23, 2005, 4:27 pm

Programs: AC nothing,HH Silver,PC Gold, BW Plat
Originally Posted by exAC
'This Guy' is one of the prime reasons that Air Canada was going to make any profit. He will be sorely missed.

...and for those of you who think you know wines, Paul Brotto knows more about wine than anyone on this board.
Was he your mentor when you were at AC? Or were you his mentor and your bragging about how good of a teacher you are.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exAC
Really? On what basis do you say that?

Judging by AC's offerenigs in J, surely that does not show. If you are right, that makes it even worse. Then it's willful punishment on us. We are the enemy?
Old Mar 23, 2005, 5:53 pm

Paul Brotto knows more about wine than anyone on this board.
Really? What about me?

Ohhhh...... wine.

Nevermind.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really? What about me?

Ohhhh...... wine.

Nevermind.
Wouldn't that be whine ?
Old Mar 24, 2005, 8:00 am

Been sooo busy preparing a big surprise party for some former colleagues of mine (just my way of thanking them for all they've done to me), that I haven't had time to check up on what's been happening. This is definitely news to me, but what sort of earth-shattering, major effect is it going to have? Probably zippo, and things will chug along as always...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.