FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embarrasing newbie question
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 1999, 9:59 pm
Brownsbckr

Embarrasing newbie question

After getting some answers to an earlier question I began to wonder about something else. The first question had to do with, when would I actually gain elite status. The answer was basically as soon as I earned it.

What I am now wondering is how long do I maintain Platinum Elite? If I qualify this June, Does it expire March 1, 2000? Or is it actually good throughout next year. On the surface it seems rather easy, because if that were the case there probably wouldn't be any elites early in the year, but still I am wondering how long I will keep the title.

Incedentally at this point I am a consultant and will fly weekly, and usually four segments so I will build quickly and maintain it for a couple of years.

If only my credit didn't suck I could get a credit card to go with this account, and get that many more miles each week. I have to arrange and purchase all of my own travel iteneraries. Usually its 1-2 weeks for reimbursement, however since I am a contractor they won't issue me a credit card and I doubt I could get one right now. Shucks.