FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me miss my flight at NRT
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2005, 9:07 am
francophile

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by anabolism
I didn't realize that! I'm lucky that on my outbound, where I am using JL from NRT-SIN it is codeshared with AA.
I would check the fare class of those CX segments. Often times, when buying a discounted economy class ticket through AA with CX segments, the CX segments will be in K, L, or M class, which will not qualify for AA miles.

Of course it will still get you into the Wing/Pier (thank goodness!) and you can still earn AsiaMiles or miles with some other oneworld program (25% on BA, woohoo!!!).

You can always ask CX how much it would cost to upgrade the CX segments to H class.

Speaking of upgrading on CX, I was checking in at BKK for my CX flight to SIN last month. I was booked in H class and I inquired how much it woul cost to upgrade to business class. They said THB4000, which is about US$105.

I said, he11 yes! So I paid the THB4000, got to sit in a lie-flat seat on the very empty upper deck 747 (total of 4 passengers), dined on a three course meal (delicious sea bass as main course), sipped fine champagne, enjoyed video and audio on demand, and experienced service Straight From the Heart. Oh, I also got the COS bonus.