FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CP web fares
Thread: CP web fares
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 1999, 8:04 pm
ALW

Thanks for the feedback. That was an amazing haul! (I get etickets because I like them, but I'm nervous about booking them myself, so at the cost of $15 worth of points I phone; besides, being new to CP, I'm gathering intelligence).

I know this is sacrilege, but I'm at the point that I'm focussing on status miles (or Q-miles) more and more, and letting the non-Q-miles fall as they may. Which is not to say I don't care, just that they're not my focus. (For instance, if I decide I don't like National much, I'll stick with Hertz at LAX even though I won't get any points). [Actually I suppose instead of 500 Aeroplan points I can get 1000 Marriott points. Granted that's only 333 Aeroplan points when converted, but it's pure bonus if Hertz is the company I like!]

I think the double was the 100% early-qualifying bonus? Starting from 0 as of June 27, I don't think I'll even get the 50% bonus for Gold on many flights this year. I do have great hopes I'll be Platinum next year because they're pro-rating my requirement.

Side note: does anyone know what percentage they'll pro-rate by? They wouldn't/couldn't tell me. IOW, will I probably need 42500 or 60000 or what?

Thanks!
andrew

[This message has been edited by Andrew Webber (edited 07-17-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Andrew Webber (edited 07-17-1999).]