FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Other special BA cards
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:23 am
spotwelder

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
FMU staff decisions

Well I was only going on what the FMU staff told me!

They quite clearly said to me BA Gold, BA Silver and the 1W Emerald then 1W Sapphire.

This puts the QF Aussie resident frequent BA user cannot join the BAEC because he lives in Australia behind BA Silver.

Now if you wish to tell me that LHR have a different policy than that applied by my two personal friends at LGW FMU, well that is fine. I was only trying to work with "facts" from the people that do the upgrading as part of their job.

I would also like to say that I often do not receive what I have paid for. I have had far more non-refundable business class paid but travelled in Y long haul than I ever have upgrades. I have even travelled Y with J available on an A class ticket in the wonderful alliance way of working!

I have received two long haul op-ups in the last 3 years. One was when travelling handbaggage only and offering to get off the flight at check-in when it was overbooked. They gave me a standby boarding card and got me a seat in WTP from a full Y fare. The other day I had a boarding card as J on an F fare in a two class aircraft that turned out to be a 3 class on CX with F empty. The CSD saw my ticket and that I needed the sleep and let me have two hours of horizontal, as opposed to slopey rest out of HKG.

I average about 50 long haul sectors a year.

PS this was not a rant! Just factual statements, well at least reported facts.