FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are there still (as yet unannounced) GP Program Changes yet to come ??
Old Mar 1, 2005, 2:59 pm
abezebabe

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
The above title says it all!

Last week at the Jersey City Hyatt I challenged the front desk guy as to why the food and beverage charges on my bill had been branded with the dreaded asterisk (*) and thus proclaimed "ineligible".

The guy explained that there were a bunch of new changes being made to the Gold Passport Program and that were scheduled for implementation on 15 March and that he had just (the previous day) attended a briefing session explainging the new changes to the staff of the hotel. He also produced a large folder of papers which were copies of the Power Point presentations used in his briefing.

I explained that I was aware of a number of upcoming changes, but I was not aware of any proposed changes regarding CHARGES that were eligible or ineligible for GP points.

He then showed me (and gave me a copy of) one of the PP pages showing the following:

Ineligible Charges

* In-room movies
* Food and Beverage
* All taxes
* Laundry and Valet
* Banquest charges
* Business Services
* Meeting or function room charges
* Gift shop or retail purchases

He allowed me to quickly scan the rest of his folder and in addition to the above, there seemed to be other changes that new to me. I don't wish to comment on what I saw because I may have mis-understood what I saw; and unfortunately, I was in a rush to get to the airport.

Perhaps others have more information
Whoa! The discussion on this is probably going to fly. Can we get the GoldPassport Concierge to comment on this???