FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BD592 to be operated by Lufthansa today!?!
Old Jun 16, 2003, 1:51 am
Gaza

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pbsis:
I've just had a call from my company's travel service telling me that today's BD592 flight that I catch nearly every week (LHR &gt; MAN 18:05) is going to be operated by Lufthansa.

Because of this BMI won't let us use our corporate business fare and we'll have to pay an extra £100 for the full business class fare!
</font>
I think the TA got this very wrong. They probably had a message from bmi about the aircraft change and made the assumption that your ticket was invalid. Route deal fares are normally only valid on the specific carrier and not on any codeshares. As LH were probably operating this for bmi on a charter basis with a BD flight number then your route deal should have been valid.

I can only assume that BD have some fleet problems. The A321 damaged by hail is probably still out of service and if they have had any other aircraft going tech they have leased in some short term capacity.