FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gate/Lounge check in at LHR T1
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2002, 9:58 am
yams888

Programs: LH Senator, BD Gold
Gate/Lounge check in at LHR T1

Does anyone know what the official line is regarding gate/lounge check-in at LHR?

I travelled last week LHR-AMS on BD in economy. I did a phone check-in from home before heading to the airport. Upon arrival at LHR T1, I proceeded straight to the lounge to have my boarding pass issued. At the security check, I just showed my ticket and was allowed through. All was fine...

I did the exactly the same flight last night (BD, LHR-AMS, econ), same phone check in etc. Except I wasn't allowed through with just a ticket - I was told by airport security that I needed a boarding pass.

The security guy added that if I was travelling in C, he'd have let me through, but because I was travelling in econ, he wouldn't/couldn't. I told him that I had done so just a week prior, but that comment just fell on deaf ears...

Full marks to BD as they issued me with a boarding pass at their Silver/Gold desk immediately (I'm only a blue), but said that it seemed to depend on the security individual.

Does anyone know what the official line is on this - in terms of whether a boarding pass is required or not to proceed through security to airside?