FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Detroit Novi [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:40 pm
Commie

Noisy Night @ Sheraton Novi

This was an excerpt of a letter I wrote to the hotel about a recent stay at the aboved mention hotel, should I call or write Starwoods customer care about this as well?:

I recently stayed at the Sheraton NOVI in Michigan. I checked in Jan 21, 2005 for 2 nights. There was an incident that occurred during my stay that i wish to inform the management of the hotel and Starwoods Hotels.
On the evening of Saturaday, Jan 22, upon returning to the hotel around 12am midnight. My fiance and I was about to goto sleep. Around 1am, I was suddenly woken up by the loud noises from the room next door. The guests from that room were making very loud screaming noises and were slamming the doors very loud. This went on for more than 15-20 minutes, so I called down to the front desk, and spoke to the front desk attendant(a female). She told me that she will send someone up to check on it. I was waiting outside the hallway for the security guard(I think his name was Joe). We proceed to knock on the door and advise the guests to lower their noises.

After the security guard left, we tried going back to sleep again. But by now it was around 2:30-3am, and the guests next door were still making VERY loud noises. BTW - there were 4 people in the room making very loud noises. At this point, I called front desk for a 2nd time. This was when the front desk attendant told me that, the walls in the hotel is very thin, and I have to live with the noises!!!
This response caught me by surprise, and I told the attendant if she doesn't send someone up to quiet the room, then I will have to call the cops to do it. And the front desk attendant replied that if I don't stop calling, the cops will have ME kicked out of the hotel. Realizing that she was not sending anybody up to the other room, I went down to the front desk, and told the security guard to come up.

The security guard came up to the hallways with me, and knocked on the other room to try to quiet them down. This was when the other male guest walked out to the hallway and started screaming and threatening myself for trying to quiet them down.
All the noises in the hallway, finally got the attention of the front office manager, Tekeila Rawls, who was staying in the room across from us. She came out and tried to settle down the situation.
At this point, it was close to 3:30-4am...I requested that if she cannot quiet the other guest down, then she should change our rooms to another part of the hotel. The request was rejected. And when I was talking to Ms. Rawls and the security guard in the hallway outside my door, even they acknowledge that they could hear the screaming noises that the other guests were making at that moment!

They were willing to accept that they couldn't quiet their guests, and were unwilling to move us to another quieter room. This was 4am....What little sleep that we could get was impossible now.

What I was most disappointed in was the handling of the situation by the fron desk attendant. Threatening to kick me out of my room for complaining about noises next door.