FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheration Jumeirah Beach Resort Dubai [Master Thread]
Old Feb 8, 2005, 8:45 am
reiner

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
Unhappy

I'm back from Dubai and so I'll tell you what's happend.
Month ago I wrote a mail to S. Jumaira Beach that I'll arrive in the early morning on 4th (6.20am) and asked for a getting a room when arriving. They wrote back that it's high season and can#t give a garantee for a room so early if I want to have one I should make a reservotion from 3.february.
So I spend points and made a second reservation from 3. february to 4th.
Some weeks ago I send them a mail with my two reservation numbers and asked for a pick up at the airport with my flight no and this was confirmed by the hotel for the 4th. Arriving in the morning there was no pick up only for other guest. One driver phoned to the hotel and he said to me, that there is no pick up orderd. I took a taxi to the hotel.
By check in I made a reclamation and showed the staff the e-mail.
Then she told me that I arrive so early and there is no room for me ready. I showed here the reservation from 3th to 4th and then I got a room???????!

By check out I found a rate for no-shown from 3th to 4th. on the bill.
I tried to explane her the reservation, showed her the mail, but the non-shown is correct she told me, because there was no check-in on 3rd february.
Ok I said I'll pay but give me the points back. But this is also impossible because the points have nothing to do with the non-shown rate, it's like a reservation by an airline and if I'm to late it's my fault. It was now about 20 minutes discussion then she went to the manager and after about 15 minutes she made a new bill but only while I'm plat. member and not while it's a hotel mistake.
What shell I do next time, when I arrive in the early morning and want to have a room?