Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheration Jumeirah Beach Resort Dubai [Master Thread]

Sheration Jumeirah Beach Resort Dubai [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 4, 19, 12:28 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: margarita girl
Wiki Link
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Old May 2, 18, 9:58 am

Programs: SPG Plat/LTP, LH FTL
Had a week-long stay here this March 2018. As others have mentioned, rooms are rather 'dated', but they're clean and in good condition - no complaints. No suite upgrade, but room on higher floor with a sea view. Friendly service throughout.

Great and very attentive lounge staff, just absolutely pleasant. Lounge continued to have some smaller food items throughout the day (between breakfast and happy hours) and was always a nice place to retreat.

After a very late check-in they welcomed us with a bottle of red + a cheese platter in the room. Every 2nd day or so they placed some mini-sweets on the tv cupboard, nice touch.

Special mention to the great guy at [email protected] Café (inside the lobby), who helped me out with some water and bread (both free of charge) when I suddenly felt unwell short before our transportation back to the airport. Very caring. I already sent a direct thank you note to the hotel for that.

We roughly paid 25 USD one-way for the taxi to the airport. We started using public transportation in Dubai but soon found that taxis are so cheap and reliable.

Last edited by Pitero; May 2, 18 at 10:00 am Reason: misspelling
Old Mar 3, 19, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
It was my second visit to this hotel (last one was 4 yrs ago). I was travelling with friends and we had 4 rooms in total (2 Plats, 2 Titaniums). I arrived a day later than the others. The first 3 arrivals were all upgraded to suites (without the use of SNAs). I arrived at 08:00 the next morning, and was given the choice of taking a large room immediately or waiting until the afternoon for a suite. Since it was a one night stay, I took the room. I really like this hotel's location as there are lots of restaurants and bars nearby and a lot more now than since I was there 4 yrs ago. Back then, the view across the bay was a man built island with dozens of construction cranes. That island is now covered in buildings (mostly empty), some of them hotels and restaurants (Hell's Kitchen is in the Caesar's Hotel). The island is beautiful to see as it is lit up at night and there are numerous structures that remind me of the super trees like those found in Singapore's Gardens by the Bay.

The rooms are still dated, but clean and functional. We were offered 1000 pt welcome amenity as well as breakfast in the restaurant. In addition, there was a welcome gift of a 750 ml bottle of wine and a tray of dates, prunes and dried apricots in my room.

I like the pool and beach area. The fitness area is well equipped and even has a couple of racket ball courts.

The hotel is not fancy, but a solid property in a choice location.
Old Mar 3, 19, 2:19 am

Programs: Accor Hotel, Hilton Honors, Emirates, Alitalia, Amex
Is Lounge open and free for Plat guests ?

Is there a provate beach with sunbeds?

Thanks
Old Mar 4, 19, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post
Is Lounge open and free for Plat guests ?

Is there a provate beach with sunbeds?

Thanks
Yes, the lounge is open all day and free. There is breakfast (including hot items) in the morning, sandwiches and sweets in the afternoon and hot hors d'oeuvres in the evening as well as free wine, beer and alcohol.

The beach is not private. Lots of people walking by. There is a boardwalk and lots of activity on the beach.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 19, 8:53 am

Programs: Accor Hotel, Hilton Honors, Emirates, Alitalia, Amex
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Yes, the lounge is open all day and free. There is breakfast (including hot items) in the morning, sandwiches and sweets in the afternoon and hot hors d'oeuvres in the evening as well as free wine, beer and alcohol.

The beach is not private. Lots of people walking by. There is a boardwalk and lots of activity on the beach.
thanks.

I have read on TripAdvisor some negative comments about the birds everywhere and dirty sunbeds also

have you noticed something like that ?
Old Mar 4, 19, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post

thanks.

I have read on TripAdvisor some negative comments about the birds everywhere and dirty sunbeds also

have you noticed something like that ?
Neither, but we used the lounge chairs by the pool. Can't even remember if there were any on the beach.