FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disloyal BA Flyer wants to get status cheap!
Old Feb 25, 2004, 5:08 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dnw:
The day we see that Irish prat launch a 777 with 11 across and 28" pitch from some field a long way outside of London to another field an equally long way outside of NYC, I'll believe that.... but it wont happen, the LCC model simply doesn't work on longhaul.</font>
I would have agreed with you but that European charter trip thing the EU citizens seem to love does not seem to be losing out to the national flag carriers ... and some of that is becoming increasingly longer haul (and is truly low cost if what I hear is correct).

LCC transoceanic carriers have not caught on yet (and failed in one American case I am aware of), but I can see BA coming pretty close to at least being a LP[rice]C.

Just wait until BA starts charging for toilets in the back. Correct change in Euros, Sterling or Dollars only! Then we will have replicated the 3rd World Traveller experience, soiled seats and all.

Of course, my beloved US-flagged carriers are already 3/4s of the way there.

[This message has been edited by GUWonder (edited Feb 25, 2004).]