FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disloyal BA Flyer wants to get status cheap!
Old Feb 24, 2004, 1:18 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"IF BA wants to focus on a niche market, they should turn their 747s in on a collection of private jets."

They are not focusing on a niche market ( unless you class everyone that isn't stupid enough to think that mileage earning is the most important element of travel. ). There are a lot of people who buy tickets based on such weird reasons as schedules, being able to get to destination without changing en-route, service quality et al.

"And their corporate marketing folks are blowing it big time."

iirc, BA is making a profit. I'd hate to have marketing people who can help that happen.

"I can't tell you how angry I, (a former VERY loyal) BA flyer and others I know feel so disrespected by their NAEC policies."

you can if you want to

"Offline example: I spent a long time filling out a written survey for BA last year. They specifically asked "Do you want us to contact you by phone". I checked "yes". Did they ever contact me? NO!"

Istr that this sort of form asks that if they want to contact you about it, would you mind if they did. It isnt a statement that they will call,

"It certainly doesn't fit into the American culture."

phew. does that mean that BA will not upgrade all n sundry on flights just because there is a y in the day?

"I feel like BA stole money out of my pocket, and then repeatedly spat on me, someone that flown with them through thick and thin for many years and many miles."

Schemes change. There was warning of it; it didn't happen overnight

Dave