FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long haul in-flight catering 2024 | First
Old May 11, 2024, 3:17 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
LHR-SIN in First last week. To say that the quality of the service & the food/beverage were a mixed bag would be somewhat of an understatement.

Called to board & held at aircraft door as a crew member said they weren't ready. OK. We waited & waited & finally a harassed looking member of cabin crew arrived & said that they didn't know we were there

After being seated I asked what champagne was being served. Told it was not as per menu. Uh-oh, I thought! Crew returned & said oh, it is as per the menu, "nobody tells us anything"

Asked for 2 appetisers if possible & was told this was absolutely not a problem. Crew returned 10 minutes later saying my first choice (lobster) wasn't available. I really didn't want a main (totally unappealing options to me) so had to choose another appetiser. The soup was tasty but barely warm. The beef carpaccio was tasty.
Crew returned a few minutes later to tell me my first choice of red wine was also not available. Sigh.

I had some cheese (which was fine) & some pudding - see pics below - pudding was a miss.

I struggled to get refills on drinks throughout the flight despite empty glasses/cups being obvious as crew interacted or passed by. The crew seemed rushed & somewhat careless throughout service which resulted in forgotten items (e.g. drinks).

Breakfast was . See omelette pic below. This was accompanied by a bowl of yogurt & some soggy pastries (no choice) that were just deposited on the table in a bowl.

Ok, ok, clearly it's not the end of the world now is it. It did however feel so....well, as my wife put it, so unpolished & not very First Class. We have further First tickets booked for later in the year & I can only hope its a better experience

The IFM (?) - not sure of his title - stopped by & said he'd been authorised to provide 6,500 Avios to me for not receiving my first choice of meals. I thanked him for initiating this without me asking. He the proceeded to tell me that 13 other pax in First hadn't raised a single complaint were perfectly happy etc. Insinuating that the issues I had with the catering/service were all on me. Charming. I was a little taken aback & politely rejected his offer. He confirmed my details & said BA would reach out for further discussions. Whatever that means. I received am email/case number from BA upon landing. Lets see what happens next.

Table set up..just poor.

Pudding. I asked where the rest of the dish was. Missing Ice Cream.

And with the ice cream, which unfortunately, was absolutely frozen solid & therefore inedible.

Omelette. Looked fine to be fair but, OMG, it was literally the texture of rubber & utterly disgusting. Naturally, I sent it back.

Last edited by golfmad; May 11, 2024 at 3:59 am Reason: Reduced images for readability