FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IT Issue: Meal Choice and Preference
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2024, 7:52 pm
purdue1015

Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
This is my favorite thread posted in quite some time. I’m really sorry I don’t have any answers or help for you on this but I just absolutely love that FT exists so that life’s absurdities can be exposed, discussed ad nauseam, and (hopefully) resolved. This is so Larry David and I’m here for it.
It is very much a first world problem....but I appreciate your enthusiasm 😁 🍻

Originally Posted by narvik
It might be just a matter of finding the right person willing to dig in and find the issue.

I used to have a problem years ago that was equally quirky: my applied GPUs wouldn't get deducted from my account, so when I showed up at the airport with a confirmed J seat, the check-in agent would notice that the upgrade wasn't actually 'paid' for, and downgraded the flight back to Economy.
This went on for so long, that I even requested -and was granted- an extension of the GPUs that I couldn't use because of this, when the new year rolled over.

Eventually, someone must have figured out what the issue was, and fixed it.
Interesting. Thanks. I finally have some time on Monday to circle back on this. Will give 1K a call mid-morning. I do have some (old) acquaintances in UA Corporate (friends from 10 years ago) who I may try and reach out to as a plan B.

Will report back resolution here. I appreciate everyone's thoughts.