FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another Interesting Springhill Suites Quirk
Old Apr 23, 2024, 2:26 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by purplenightskylovertv
If my logic is correct, Springhill Suites=Comfort Suites=Hyatt Place=Embassy Suites? I do know IHG has something on that level, but I'm not so sure about Wyndham.
They're typically in a comparable quality range but they have their pros/cons.

Embassy is older, so can be hit and miss on individual property quality. But almost always has the "true" two-room suite with a door to the bedroom. This was useful when we traveled with small children.

Hyatt Place has a lot of regular hotel rooms...will vary by property how many suites and how expensive the suites are compared to the other brands. Plus side....HP is still pretty new and usually fairly clean.

SHS has a feature I came to love as the kids got older: 2 queens + a sofa bed. Usually wasn't a "true" suite, but roomy enough for the four of us. SHS has grown rapidly so most of them are pretty new, but even the older ones are not bad.

When traveling with family, I'd always start my hotel searches with 6 people in 1 room, even though there were only four of us. That would quickly filter out 90% of hotels - you were left with the SHS's that had 2 queens + sofabed and hotels that had real 2-bedroom suites. So RIs, TPSs, and occasionally a mainline Marriott with a VERY expensive Presidential Suite.