FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not upgraded at Eliza Jane NO but friends with no status were
Old Apr 16, 2024, 12:47 am
SP03

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
That would perhaps explain/justify the GoH booking getting an upgrade, but not the brand new member without any status, I think?
Originally Posted by moolman

Two friends staying at same hotel. One used the GOH that I gave him, Explorist. Checked in 5 min after me and they gave him the upgraded room that I wanted. Another friend, no status, just signed up for Hyatt today, so Explorist. Got a standard suite upgrade.

Anyway, wanted to share my experience. I need to decide what compensation to ask for too, if I have a valid complaint.
I’m not sure if the no status friend got the suite. He said the GOH friend for the upgraded room he wanted. The sentencing is confusing.

Frankly, the hotel can upgrade whoever it wanted. If it made a mistake and pre upgraded your friend for whatever reason, and then there’s no upgrade left when it comes to your room, there’s really nothing you can do.

I think you should be happy that you gave your friend a suite as a result of your GOH. Instead of letting it sour your own experience.