FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2024, 5:45 am
astra19e

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
The guy in front of me on a recent flight told the FA he only wanted the main. He was told "starters are included and comes on the tray". He still insisted he only wanted to eat the main and felt it was a waste of food to bring starters to him as they would have to throw them away untouched. After some discussion FA agreed to remove the starters from the tray before serving, but I guess the starters were thrown away in the galley instead.

Now, this food waste problem isn't the product of the tray service. The tray just made it obvious it is difficult to cater the exact right amount of food. I guess an airline "designed for you" could implement personal trays pre-loaded with exactly what each customers wanted (should they know this beforehand)
This actually links to a question I was about to ask until I read through the forum. I'm travelling later this year and was wondering whether it's worth ordering a vegetarian meal. It looks like they always have a vegetarian main but not starter or breakfast necessarily. So I wonder if the person in front was asking not to get the starter for that reason.
When I fly BA I don't bother requesting a meal because there's always something to choose from and at worst I have to skip the canapes. It looks like with Finnair I'm better off requesting a meal.