FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Urgent Assistance required with Amex 2-4-1 booking
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:41 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AJA_
. Could it have been cheaper , most definitely, but not for cash, the fares they wanted were £326 each so £652. And it is a last minute change. So 'saved' £240 and have got what i wanted and the Avios dont really matter so much in the scheme if things as still have over 400k left. Small beer for some but more than enough to keep me going for a while. Ce est la vie.
Using cash fares with either Plus or standalone CE, then FCOD it to the service you want to be on, I doubt you absolutely had to pay £326 for LHR-NCL, I don't think I've ever paid that much, and in any case, if a standalone fare was needed then buy a standalone Avios redemption for the new trip and leave the old trip as it was (cancelling the NCL sector at LHR instead).