FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this the new normal? (lack of seat belt enforcement)
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:18 am
ani90

Programs: *
Originally Posted by uanj
Last international flight from SFO the FAs attitudes were right out of the 90s.
What was wrong with the 90s? I would pick 90s or 2000s FAs and in-flight service any day over today.

Originally Posted by Kacee
IME you tend to notice over-enforcement when you're the subject, and lack of enforcement when it's someone else getting away with it.
So true. Other week we were complaining about lounge staff who were enforcing the rules appropriately denying access, and FAs who were strict about not having a bag of one's lunch in the lap during take-off cos in bulkhead and now we complaining about staff not enforcing rules.

Originally Posted by limey1K
I have been on quite a few lately and my pet peeve is the guy in front of me racking it back as we head out on departure taxi and then never putting back up even after we land.
On some occasions that happens it is because of a defective seat and cant stay upright. I have sat in a fixed reclined seat all flight and I am sure people were assuming, like you have, that I was just disregarding rules. Agree though likely uncommon.

Originally Posted by LarryJ

If anyone sees that again, stand up and close it. A heavy bag falling out of the overhead could cause serious injury.
Yeah that will sure get attention of the FA and get one shouted at. They won't notice the open bin but will certainly notice the guy standing to close it. They might even accuse him of standing up and opening the bin while plane is taxiing...