FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:19 pm
scotts tots

Originally Posted by Ski CB
Long time watcher, rare poster, thanks in advance / apologies for misses...
Lowly Silver (with a +1 no status, same PNR) both booked in PP (A) hoping for J, looking at applying miles+copay (waitlist of course) for SFO-SIN (and maybe vv but less important imo) in Mid-May, Thursday PM flight (UA1). Not seeing any options for cash only upgrade, may have something to do with it being an agency booking (A to J cash price from agency was too much).

From all my reading it looks like it's very unlikely to clear given the popularity of instruments on this route and UA waiting until the last minute to release any PZ, I spoke with UA yesterday who currently said 3x 1K on the list from PP w/instruments but we're ~6 weeks out (also why I am not posting inventory) which seems an eternity.

But for anyone with first hand experience ... Is there ... any realistic chance this could work out for us? Thanks in advance.
I think there is certainly a chance but from my experience you’ll probably need weather in Denver or Newark to have it happen.

Story: 1K applied PP for my wife on UA1. There was weather in Denver and she didn’t get to sfo on time - I checked UG list and there were 12 seats and 11 people on upgrade list so you’d have made it.

then - next day, bad weather again in Denver, she made it to sfo and pp cleared but everyone on upgrade list cleared again. Two days in a row but again - you probably need something like that to happen. ymmv