FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEWBIE LOUNGE 2024: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread
Old Mar 27, 2024, 4:50 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by sb_flyer
if EF shows C availability, but AA.com doesn't, does that mean the C count shown in EF not actually upgrade but just revenue space? Is this something we verify by calling EP desk?

also, suppose I'm flying out of DFW to LA on one PNR, and then from LA outbound to HND, will I still be able to access Flagship lounge in DFW as EP / OW Emerald, even if all segments are not on same PNR?
EF pulls data straight from the AA system, for upgrade searches I find it far more reliable and easier/quicker to use than aa.com.

Make sure you are searching EF correctly. You must use the "Awards & Upgrades" search function, and you must search segment by segment to see true availability.

So if you search "DFW-HND" at EF you will probably see a routing of DFW-LAX-HND and It will show C7 on both segments. That is bogus, false positive. You must search just LAX-HND to see see the real upgrade space on that LAX-HND flight.

For lounge access separate tix don't matter, just show your LAX-HND boarding pass for entry to the DFW lounges. But separate tix do matter for SWU use, you cannot use a single SWU across different PNR's.