FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Definitive "Booking Japan Airlines (JL) Using AS Miles" Thread (2023-24)
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:55 am
pushmyredbutton

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by urww
Noticed a bunch of routings were updated to new pricing overnight, precisely MH and QR flights. Under 1500 miles flights are available at 15,000 miles in business (DPS-KUL, DOH-CAI). Maybe would be useful for someone. At the same time connecting flights are not pricing correctly, MH DPS-KUL-SIN is priced at 50,000 miles in business despite being 1420 miles.

CX intra Asia is still priced 12,500 miles in economy. Business is still blocked.

Besides this first zone under 1500 miles everything else is priced crazy and totally uncompetitive (the next tier 1501-3000 is priced at 50,000 miles! when I checked a few routes that was like twice more expensive than other programs offers).

It's really sad how they trashed AS MP into nothing. Between loosing most of valuable partners, crazy pricing, blocked availability on Cathay I've been struggling to spend my miles since 2018 (that I stupidly credited to AS :facepalm.
Been a lot of gaming of MP in Asia. A number of these recent changes appear to curtail some of the existing sweet spots and loopholes, while leaving some value for those connecting from other regions.