FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related
Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:23 pm
ryanbriar

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Just wrapped my first visit to DFW FFD. It was a nice experience notwithstanding being out of certain wines (habitual FFD / Chelsea issue).

It beats out pre-COVID LAX overall and would edge out JFK based on service (though there were a couple of great servers at JFK before it was replaced). I’d also rank it above Chelsea. Service was on point in the dining area, though I was somewhat in no man’s land in the bar area (server from the dining room checked in on me an few times and apologized for no bar staffing).

Palmes d’Or was back in stock. It was fine, but not LPGS.

The featured red was unsurprisingly out of stock, as was the Chablis. Both Chardonnay options were very oaky so the only other white was the Riesling (did not try). The Pinot Noir was solid. Didn’t lot to try the Cotes Du Rhone.

It is beyond me what AA can’t line up this wine list with what is being served on board. I get that F is going away, but tonight’s champagne retails for $22…

Amuse-bouche.

The bread course. I hadn’t had gluten in 3+ months, but figured I’d indulge a bit. It was ok.

Meatballs. Really good, but quite spicy. If you are not a fan of spice, I’d ask them to reduce the sauce.

Bison strip loin with a side of fries. Pretty good, though would reduce the sauce next time. My main was between this Barramundi (healthier option).

Tiramisu was solid.

Makeshift TV at the bar.