FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to AA Flagship First Dining Qualifications, Access & Related
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:13 am
happiest_at_40000

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I liked the Dallas FL the 2 times I was there and the one time I did FFD was terrific - I stayed so long I missed boarding my next flight to LAX, but they still got me on the next plane.

Last weekend however, I went to the FL in LAX and was far from impressed. I had one small serving of sushi rolls then they ran out and never replenished. There was a good looking beef option on printed menu for the action station but when I asked they said it wouldn't be open today and hadn't been open for a long time. Based on the breakfast buffet while I was over there, I'd imagine the lunch buffet at the OW J lounge in TBIT would have been more to my liking. Other than drinking Balvenie and watching planes, there just wasn't much to the FL that I couldn't get at a Centurion Lounge without a flagship flight.

On the way back at JFK, I visited both the SoHo and the Chelsea, and I have to say I liked the SoHo food options better - the Asian pork belly and Fries was terriffic. I did have some great scotches at the Chelsea, but hey, if I can get free access to the SoHo as an EXP on any Intl flight out of JFK, its almost worth the routing thru there as opposed to the much more limited FL options in LAX or ORD etc.
Agree with you in general on LAX FL. Its my least fav. Its small and so crowded at peak times and also gets hot in summer. I think everything I have ever had there from the buffet is either just bad or so bland or never hot. I'm not a buffet person so could be that but I think that one is pretty bad.