FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - iPhone, Verizion with pSIM and foreign carrier eSIM
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:45 pm
stevehuff

iPhone, Verizion with pSIM and foreign carrier eSIM

Hoping one of you braniacs knows how to reliably make an iPhone use a local eSIM for all Verizion pSIM activity.

Here's the situation... I'm using an iPhone with a Verizon pSIM and an Orange Europe eSIM. Trying to reliably get all Verizon calls, data, SMS, etc. to traverse the eSIM when in Europe and not on WiFi. Sometimes I can find a Verizon rep who can block all international services, but most aren't successful. And once I return to the US, it seems like this setting is lost.

From what I understand, before leaving the US, WiFi Calling and Prefer WiFi When Roaming must be enabled on the iPhone. Done.
Verizon TravelPass and Pay As You Go options are turned off.
I call Verizon and ask them to block all international capabilities.
When arriving in Europe I set the iPhone Cellular Data to the Orange eSIM. Default voice line remains Verizon (so outgoing calls are from this line)
When in Europe, if all is working and when not on WiFi, the Verizon line description shows "VZW using Cellular Data" as shown below. Calls and SMS go through just fine, and when I look at my Verizon usage, they are considered local calls, not international.

Any ideas on what I need to tell Verizon to do to remove all international capabilities from this line, or a way to control it on the iPhone? Specifying which local carrier Verizon should use doesn't work, as they all apparently have roaming agreements.