FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Tier Suite Upgrades]
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:37 am
Charlie9

Originally Posted by kevinjm
Originally booked a king bed room on pts at the HR Lake Washington Seattle with 2 adults and 1 child.
Tried applying SUA via Twitter and the agent told me no suites were available despite what I remembered seeing.
I tried searching for the suite with 2 adults and 1 child and sure enough it didn't show. Changed my search to 2 adults only and the suite comes back.
I cancelled my original reservation and re-booked with only 2 adults. Twitter agent was able to quickly apply the SUA without issue.

Our son still sleeps in a crib or in our bed when we travel so the lack of a second bed is no issue. Just another quirk with how room occupancy is dictated.
Only presidential suite and standard king show up when booking with 2 adults 1 child

Despite the quirks, so far very happy with SUAs
I wish I could say the same.

Staying at Hyatt Regency Phoenix for work Conference this week. Wanted to use a SUA. For months now, the middle day of conference has been sold out (strangely). Now, they have availability that day, including multiple suite types. BUT........they are a part of a "$50 Food and Beverage credit" promo. Twitter said "Please note that the suite must show available under the Standard Rate and cannot be a part of any promotional rates. In checking the availability the suite is not available at this time to confirm the upgrade. The only room type showing available at this time is the 2-Queen Beds. However, please feel free to continue to check with us prior to your arrival as this availability can change. Otherwise, the hotel will do their best to accommodate the request for an upgrade, which will be based on availability at the time of arrival."

The $50 seems so small and nominal as to have just been added to thwart this type of upgrade. I get it, to have the best chances you have to book stuff 12-13 months out. But I would really like to be able to be 4-6 months out and have the ability to use my suite upgrades, otherwise going to be another year where at least some go unused.

/rant