FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will AA give me trouble about a $1300 hotel refund request?
Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:48 pm
chuck1

Will AA give me trouble about a $1300 hotel refund request?

Long story but here is short version.
-ELH-CLT-DCA.
-ELH-CLT ready for on-time departure. Couldn't get door closed. Try to get on-call mechanic to airport. It takes him 4 hours to get to the airport.
-This was sitting on the plane. He shows up and immediately fixes the problem but crew is now out of hours.
-According to ELH agent this has never happened there before (overnight delay). They are really scrambling. It's now Saturday night on a small island at the height of spring break.
-AA ELH manages to find "cottages" for some people but then run out.
-They tell us to find our own hotels. By now it's night.
-The only hotel was $1300/night and required a taxi from the airport to the dock and then a water taxi. Repeat next day to get back to airport.
-The crew happened to be sent to the hotel too.
-ELH agent tells us to find own hotel. I specifically ask if there is a limit (not there was a choice and you could not stay in the little airport overnight) and was told they didn't think so.
-Any advice when I submit expenses to AA? It was literally this or spend the night on the street.

And don't get me started about the next day. Extra section schedule for 8am but departed at 1:30pm.