FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:50 pm
Majuki

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Cynapse
My wife and I have been consider Conrad Maldives but man, from California travel is BRUTAL...

What do you mean about not being able to bring in your own alcohol though? Like you literally can’t pack it in a checked bag? I don’t understand (and this would be a deal breaker for my wife and I - I think we brought in 4 liters of booze with us and still had to buy more on our 2 week vacation in o Moorea and BB.) 😅
We finally went due to a CX J fare sale back in 2018, so our routing was actually ORD-HKG; overnight; HKG-MLE; overnight; seaplane to CMRI. On the return we went straight through, but MLE has even fewer things to do than PPT.

Alcohol is officially prohibited in the Maldives. You are not allowed to BYOB, and they x-ray suitcases upon arrival. The resorts get special dispensation to serve alcohol, but the prices reflect the logistics of importing everything in addition to the resort pricing. Fortunately, Mrs. Majuki doesn't drink, so we didn't break the bank there. Unlike the Conrad BB, there's no supermarket that you can visit to get provisions throughout your stay (or stock up at Carrefour in the capital before heading to your resort). Plan. and budget accordingly!