FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:09 pm
Majuki

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Thanks for the detailed review!

Originally Posted by kpottermn
Honestly, I'm still not sure what they mean by by "continental" breakfast. We freely grabbed both cold and hot items and they never said a word or charged us another dime. My gut says it's only the a la carte items (ie omelettes, eggs benedict) that incur an add-on, but I can't say that for sure.
This was the definition when Mrs. Majuki and I were there two years ago. The "continental" breakfast was anything from the buffet, and the supplement, which we opted to take, allowed one to order anything off of the menu for 1,000 XPF per person per day. I've read recent reports, however, that the staff now say that the continental is only certain stations of the buffet (in addition to the supplement now being a higher price).

Originally Posted by kpottermn
I haven't been to the Maldives but after this, I'm not sure that I want to. The Conrad Bora Bora Nui offers everything that I, personally, am looking for: luxury accommodations including, yes, overwater villas, white-sand beaches next to crystal blue water, some leisurely water sports - all in an easier-to-reach location. While there's not a ton to do on the main island, the fact that you can get there and back for free gives you an extra level of freedom that I, personally, appreciate a lot.
If comparing the Conrad Maldives, the Conrad Maldives is way pricier than this resort. Furthermore, you don't have the option of going to a main island to buy things. You're stuck paying for everything at the resort. You also can't bring your own alcohol in the Maldives.

I would say that the sea life is noticeably better in the Maldives than in French Polynesia, but that's not something exclusive to the Conrad Maldives. The food and beverage operation - the largest in the Maldives I believe - at the Conrad Maldives is excellent, and there are many more specialty restaurants that one can try compared to the few options at the Conrad Bora Bora Nui.

If it weren't for the mosquitoes, Mrs. Majuki and I wouldn't hesitate to return to Bora Bora.