FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MMB - Online check-in doesn't work - date of birth error!
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:46 am
BA or bust

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by camdentown
I'm so fed up with BA IT now, in particular the new MMB. Being forced to use it for the past couple of weeks,
I find on my return trip that I can't check in online because there is a date of birth check which fails.

Please confirm your date of birth to proceed. This is an extra security measure to protect your personal information.

Please enter the correct date of birth

I've redacted my personal information - I do actually know my own DoB. BA IT has failed again and I can't check in online.
This is just ridiculous
I found this a few weeks ago. After over twenty years of using a shortened version of my name on BAEC, suddenly ‘computer says no’ and I could not complete a booking.Though my details were correct on the bit of my BAEC account where your passport details are held (which flows through to API etc.) there were other parts of my account where my shortened name were held (think Jon and Jonathan or Rob and Robert).
Unbelievably after going on the phone to BAEC, they only way they would fix THEIR PROBLEM was for me to email ina scan of my passport.

So camdentown… yes it is ridiculous… but don't take it personally… it is just the normal love you get from BA’s fantastic IT systems!