FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Tier Suite Upgrades]
Old Feb 19, 2024, 8:46 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I do not know if it has changed, but it does somehow confirm the agent's position.
As a lawyer who litigates contract disputes, I don't agree (at all) that passage says properties can distinguish award upgrade inventory from cash upgrade inventory. It's simply a statement of fact about the suite category that is eligible for suite upgrade awards (i.e., Standard Suite). Hyatt would have to be allowing properties to impose unwritten restrictions to allow properties to distinguish the two types of inventories.

What is actually going on is properties (others have been reported) are taking advantage of the fact that the system can't confirm a suite upgrade on an award, which means the agent must call the property to confirm the upgrade with the property, to deny upgrades in violation of T&C. That's why the supervisor was able to immediately confirm my upgrade when I switched it to a cash reservation - she required no approval from the property to do that.

What was particularly annoying here is the suite was available for booking via the app for 21k points per night.