FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status Match - Loyalty Point posting timeframe
Old Feb 19, 2024, 2:45 am
777lover

LPs post with your statement closing and miles —about a day or 2 afterwards. Paying the balance early won’t speed up the posting.

Originally Posted by flynhigh
Think I am going to be in trouble- but I status matched to Executive Platinum on AA, I need to reach 67,000 loyalty points in the first 3 months and then do this an additional two times to complete the status match challenge and be given the status without further restrictions or requirements. My first 3 month period ends on March 3rd. I realize this is close to March 1st which is the start of the year for LP if you are not doing a challenge, this is just a coincidence it is close to that date.

I still have ~2 weeks before the challenge is over and I have 47,000 LPs and am 20,000 points short. I waited to see what my travel would bring before spending on my credit card to complete the 67,000 LP. I have both a CITI and a Barclays AA card. I have as of today completed the $20,000 in spend (This was all spent within the last week), but both credit cards do not require a payment until March 15th...

It looks to me as if the Barclays will post the LP on the closing date. If I pay this off early will the LPs post early?
Also, not sure of when the CITI AA Charges will post the LP. Again, I have a balance of $15,000 if that is paid today will the LP points post prior to the statement closing date of March 15th.

Like I said, I think I am in trouble, but if my statement closing dates would have lined up with my status Match deadline (March 3) I would have completed the challenge without issue.
I looked in Barclays full T/C and didn't see anything about a date that the LP would post vs the purchase date or paid off date
and in Citi it says this:
Loyalty Points may be earned on miles on purchases made by primary credit cardmembers and Authorized Users. Loyalty Points earned will be posted to the primary credit cardmember’s AAdvantage® account in 8-10 weeks.

Aany help would be appreciated