FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Brat in 4F
Thread: The Brat in 4F
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2003, 3:10 pm
stut
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Could be worse.

On a recent R***air flight from RHE, I had the joy of sitting across from a screaming wean. I can handle that, but his parents' excuse was "oh, he gets terrified when he flies, we have to put up with this every month when we come over here" (nice, I thought...)

Anyway, this I can handle, I'm an expert at filtering out noise. The plane started off, ready to take off (the only flight out of RHE, in fact), and the Mum got up to go to the toilet with the kid to change his nappy. She was quickly sat back down by the FAs, and not at all happy.

So, what did she do? Wait until we were airborne and quickly hop up to go to the toilet? No. She changed the kid's nappy in the seat. OK, maybe she could have got away with it by doing it nice and quickly, although that's a challenge in those tiny, battered seats. But she didn't get away with it. We hit turbulence, and the nappy bounced up, and landed, business side down on the (unrelated) neighbouring passenger's lap.

Although my guilt at the time was doing its best to make me suppress it, I couldn't help but collapse (well, my seats was about to) into hysterics. So glad I didn't sit there...