FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor: United consider building a new hub in the South?
Old Feb 9, 2024, 8:27 am
dmurphynj

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lsquare
I meant any lounge like Priority Pass. Guess not.
Nope. Closest would be the Marriott lounge so if I want a quick breakfast I can grab one and make that 12-minute trek a 15-minute trek. :-)

Really, it's so super simple. Best kept secret.

Originally Posted by Repooc17
That is actually the case for a lot of non-hub airports with hotels on airport property; even for nearby hotels, it takes very little time getting in and out for those without checked luggage and expedited security.
I can do a 15-minute room-to-United Club at SNA from the Irvine Marriott... including dropping off the rental car. To your point - it's not that difficult at less-busy airports.

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Never had an issue with MCO. Pre security is always 100 times shorter than regular security with all of the Disney goers. One time, I went into the wrong end of the security, and still got through both security checkpoints during the morning rush within 5 minutes.

It's all a matter of timing, I suppose. I've had a 40+ minute wait in the CLEAR lane at MCO. It's just not laid out well IMO... and yes, we get caught up in the Disney traffic. My wife's a bit of a Disney nut and so we tend to take long weekends there. Right in the thick of the families-with-small-children-under-the-age-of-2. Which means strollers, diaper bags and all the other accoutrements. I do NOT miss those days!