FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Protea Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge - South Africa [Master Thread]
Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:57 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
My first stay since my previous post in 2018. Yikes, what a downturn. Arrived to manual checkin as IT system was down. Resolved reasonably quickly via staff unlocking the room for us until IT problem resolved. Had booked the same category that I was upgraded to last time. King Corner Junior Suite.

Boy things have taken a turn for the worse. Rugs hadn't been adequately vacuumed & we found a rather grubby bathroom. Kettle & coffee maker was full of the last occupants water. Not good enough.

Housekeeping came to resolve matters quickly but we didn't feel enough was done as there was too much ingrained grubbiness so requested a deep clean of the bathroom the next morning whilst we were out. This was done & it felt much better upon our return.

Management sent a cheese platter/wine/soda as an apology but the damage was done & we didn't feel like spending time in the room "enjoying" F&B)

Frankly the place feels very tired now & it's only redeeming factor is its stellar location to the V&A Waterfront.