FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High Prices to/from Airports, especially with Uber
Old Jan 25, 2024, 8:07 pm
Tobin3of4

We do not set out prices

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
With Uber's independent contractor method at California, I have also suffered from these driver tricks ( setting up their own prices ), especially from airports so I mostly choose Lyft. Although, the Uber app might show cheaper rates, they are generally not valid because of each driver setting up their own ride price; however, in Lyft, I always paid the amount that is shown on the app.

One of the Uber drivers in the area told me that the price range in the app could be easily manipulated in California by the drivers and most riders does directly accept surcharges when they are offered to do so.

We do not set our own prices anywhere and if you think Lyft is any better than Uber, you’re definitely way way wrong because Lyft is the king of this nonsense & they will literally charge you more per mile & for my actual time using my actual car than they pay me & they will adjust your price for all the things that can happen in traffic, but they won’t adjust mine for anything. You were not the victim of “driver tricks” we however are being victimized by your willful ignorance that common sense should alleviate if you actually used it. What makes more sense here every single individual Lyft Driver making up their own prices and being shady or a company worth billions trying to pull the proverbial wool over everyone’s eyes? You could apologize whenever you’re ready.