FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: Rugby World Cup - go you good thing!
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2003, 5:26 pm
TomCayman

Programs: AA 3MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ajamieson:
We did. But let's not talk about that game

Robbie got his injury last year in a Saracens v Leicester game. I was working for Sarries in the players' area sorting kit bags and the team doctor said he had never seen anyone left in such a bad way by another player. Robbie was very shaken up - and he doesn't exactly frighten easily. I'll remember that moment when Martin Johnson lifts 'Bill' tomorrow morning...
</font>
Welcome back Ali... and the most shocking thing is not that Johnson is (despite being amazingly talented) one of the absolute dirtiest and violent (with malicious intent) international rugby players in history.... no, the thing that disgusts me is the way the RFU has continually supported his reprehensible behaviour with the ludicrous "suspensions" they have given him over the years to ensure he could always still play in the important matches.

Mind you, professional rugby is full of dirty cheats (remember Neil Back's "hand of god" in the scrum in the Heineken Cup the other year), but Johnson is just flat out violent.

So, I just hope for a (relatively) clean game, and may it be won by good rugby...my own call ? England to win with a dour yet tough display of 10 man rugby, with Neil Back and George Smith beating the living s*** out of each other at some point