FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Immigration Experiences
Old Jan 21, 2024, 11:40 am
seawolf
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by YNWA2024
I have had APEC card for many years (but a gap during Covid). I travel mainly for work but my wife/daughter come along sometimes. When I first started it stated clearly you can have one accompanying person. Certainly in the past SIN is very strict and say choose to take your wife OR daughter, the other has to go to general line. This happened only once or twice in other countries - elsewhere they usually let three of us through,

Since Covid, the 'rules' (which I can't find anything written on their web) seem to have changed. Last week in KL, the officer insisted APEC is only for one person travelling though he let us all through. Same happened when arriving in AUS last night (when using the fast track luggage declaration line).

I know it has always been variable how these situations are handled (country and officer of the day dependent), but wonder if anyone can refer me to any specific written regulations? Or share recent experiences?
It's always meant for the card holder only as ABTC is normally tied to a visa waiver. Actual enforcement is YMMV.